Last updated 1 November 2018
Routescape is a limited company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11244414 whose registered office is at East Office Carew Airfield Business Park, Carew Airfield, Sageston, Pembrokeshire, SA70 8SX.
- you provide to us when you travel with us or make enquiries to stay or travel with us
- we collect from you when you visit any of our websites
- you provide when signing up to receive one of our newsletters
- Access, correct or delete the personal data you have provided
- Withdraw any consent you may have previously given to the processing of your personal data
- Tell us not to contact you with marketing materials about our services and promotions
- Ask any questions you may have about our online privacy policies
Information we collect
Information you provide on a voluntary basis
We will collect, store and process information about you if you voluntarily provide us with such information in connection with the following:
- filling in a form on any of our websites
- filling in a physical registration card
- contacting us by telephone or face to face (e.g. in the context of making a reservation)
- sending us a letter, e-mail or social media message
- subscribing to receive a service from us (e.g. a newsletter, blog or by following us on social media)
- requesting promotional information from us (e.g., information about any of our good or services including gift vouchers)
- participating in a survey, competition or prize draw
- contributing content to us (e.g. for display on a blog)
The types of information we may obtain include:
- your name, gender, home and work contact details, business title, e-mail address, telephone number, date and place of birth, nationality
- details of your personal interests, travel preferences, food allergies/dietary requirements and special requests made (for example, relating to a disability) you provide to us
- passport and visa information, payment information, travel history and details of joint travellers
- dates of your stay or travel with us and associated charges
- purchase or delivery of products or services
- reviews and opinions about our brands, products and services
- information we receive about you from any third parties through whom you have booked your arrangements
- information we receive about you from our accommodation partners (which may include information relating to travel dates, food allergies, special requests and room preferences, and details of payments made to us)
We do not collect “sensitive information” such as information on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership unless it is volunteered by you.
We may use medical or other sensitive data provided by you to better serve and meet your needs (but under no circumstances will we process any sensitive data for marketing and/or profiling purposes). Such sensitive information is only shared with our accommodation partners to manage your travel experience or to third party service providers (acting as data processors) for the purpose of providing the services you request. By making such special requests or notifying us of such preferences, you agree to us sharing your information in this way.
Personal information we collect automatically
When you visit one of our websites, we may also collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other automated means. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Such information may comprise the following information:
- Date and time
- Originating IP address
- Domain name
- Type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser)
- URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser)
- Object requested
- Completion status of the request
- Geographic location
- Language preferences
Use of information
Typically, we will use and process your information to:
- help us create content that is relevant to our customers
- make improvements to our websites and social media pages and ensure that content on these is presented in the most effective manner for you
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
- assess and help us understand general trends and patterns relating to our business
- provide for the safety and security of our customers
- manage general record keeping
- enable us to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our websites and to help us improve the structure of our websites
- enable you to make reservations, buy Gift Vouchers and payments
- meet any legal and/or regulatory requirements
- provide the products or services you request from us
- improve our products and services and to ensure our products and services are of interest to you.
The processing of your personal information for:
- marketing and profiling purposes is managed solely by Routescape Ltd as data controller. Your decision to provide your information for such purposes is optional and will have no consequence on your ability to travel with us or benefit from the requested services;
- all purposes concerning your booking, your stay and to provide you with the services you have requested, is managed by Routescape Ltd. Your decision to provide information to us is voluntary however, if you do not provide such information you may no longer be able to benefit from our services.
We may process your personal information by both automated and manual means. We may use your information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may disclose information about you if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, or in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
Your legal rights and how to ‘opt out’
You have certain rights to the information we process about you as expressly provided for by applicable law. You may request access to the information we hold about you, update, amend or correct the information, and in some circumstances you may object to our use of your information.
You also have the right to request that we cease sending marketing communications, whether by email or otherwise, to you. You can do this by either:
- not checking the applicable box(es) on any form used to collect information from individuals
- clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in any of the marketing e-mails you receive
- otherwise requesting that we do not process your information for marketing purposes in writing to us
To exercise these rights or to make a complaint or submit an inquiry about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also write to us using the following address: General Manager, East Office Carew Airfield Business Park, Carew Airfield, Sageston, Pembrokeshire, SA70 8SX. Alternatively, you can contact us by telephone on 01834 860915.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information.
Security & Data Retention
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
For your own protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information, credit card or similar data in any e-mails you send us or our staff.
Links to other websites
Our websites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites operate independently from us. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent that any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our websites features.
How to contact us
You can also write to us using the following address: Marketing Manager, General Manager, East Office Carew Airfield Business Park, Carew Airfield, Sageston, Pembrokeshire, SA70 8SX. Alternatively, you can contact us by telephone on 01834 405060.