Truly Scrumptious Bites from a Small Isle
A delicious journey exploring the finest food and delicacies in Britain’s cultural capital, most charming market towns and delightful villages.
Criss cross this small isle for a tasting extravaganza that will leave you asking for more. This is a trip for those unashamedly led by their bellies. Dine in the country’s finest eateries from leading restaurants to famous gastro pubs. Snack with the locals in the countries traditional bakers, elegant cafes, farmers markets and food festivals whilst soaking up iconic landmarks and world renowned rolling countryside. Discover extraordinary English wines and learn more of the stories behind historic ales and ciders.
Begin your trip in London, arguably the most influential food cities in the world right now. Venture north to Melton Mowbray ‘rural capital of food’ known for a certain culinary speciality and Stilton cheeses. Stumble across the sweeter delights of the Peak district, one of Britain's most ancient landscapes and home to some of its greatest country homes. Munch your way through Shakespeare homelands and the honey hued stone villages of the Cotswolds. Experience garden to plate at a rustic cookery school learning to make artisan breads and game pie. Find England’s Garden of Eden on the Welsh Borders, a region famed for its apple cider producing orchards, vineyards and long-standing culinary reputation. Cross into the Black mountains of Wales and explore the delicious Wye valley, its market towns and respected gastro pubs and inns. Treat yourself to a delicious Devonshire tea on the English Riviera. Experience the Cornish seascapes and its extraordinary bounty of fresh fish cooked by the most acclaimed British chefs. Complete your gastronomic trip with a leisurely evening cruise to a bucolic Thames-side village to dine in one of the finest restaurants in the world, the 3 star Waterside Inn. Truly Scrumptious it will be!
Visit in the May when the English countryside is filled spring flowers and the towns and villages are quiet. Extend your tour by venturing further north to follow the spine of England which is the pennies and into the Lake District National Park. The brave may even consider crossing the Scottish borders to sample their liquid gold and the finest smoked salmon in the world
At a glance
- Explore London with a tasting mindset fixed on savouring every moment within this historic city.
- Munch your way through the great British countryside discovering its world-renowned treats and delicacies in charming market towns and villages in the Peak District National Park, Cotswolds, Welsh Borders, Devon and Cornwall.
- Feel the welcome and warmth of the local people as you meet producers, explore farmers markets and food festivals.
- Take a moment to bring field to fork at a leading cookery school and dine at the best restaurants and gastro pubs in the land.
- Relax and savour the art of hospitality in characterful country houses and inns renowned for the quality of their food.
All of our itineraries are designed around you, so please remember that this is just a suggestion which can be tailored into something completely bespoke to you and your preferences.
Call us today on +44 (0)1646 405060 to start planning your holiday.