Ireland’s Coastal Odyssey
The ultimate, adventure seekers trip skirting around the Emerald Isle’s coastline boasting stunning vistas, iconic thrills, great fresh food and a warm welcome.
Admire Dublin from a different perspective as you gently paddle through the city and immerse yourself in the spectacular waterscape of historical buildings and iconic bridges. Stop for a dram of the water of life before a hike along the Wicklow Way. Explore the cosmos at Blackrock Castle Observatory and kiss the Blarney stone. Take the dramatic journey along the Wild Atlantic Way to discover its soaring cliffs, vibrant towns, hidden beaches and epic bays. Ride an Irish Cob on the beach to the backdrop of rugged mountains and wild seas. Brave the waves of the Dingle Peninsular spotting dolphins and explore the glistening sea caves by kayak. Unwind in the inland calm and silence of The Burren, an ancient limestone moonscape. Bath in the golden glow of the late-afternoon sun at the iconic Cliffs of Moher. Find the largest Stalactites at Doolin Caves before a wild walk to forage for food and seaweed with a local expert. Walk the Connemara National Park alongside Ireland’s leading field archaeologist.
Tackle the challenging One Man’s Pass to reach the edge of the world at Slieve League, Europe’s highest sea cliffs. Admire the jaw-dropping beauty that’s enlivened by the flight of millions of seabirds with nothing but crisp blue ocean before you. Arrive at Malin Head, the tip of the Inishowen Peninsula, in search of the elusive Northern Lights before journeying into Northern Ireland. Try fossil hunting along the Antrim Coast or clamber across the geological marvel of the world-famous Giant’s Causeway. Test your nerves by crossing the Carrick-A-Rede rope bridge, take on the tunnels, caves and suspension bridges of the Gobbins Cliff Path, and meet the real life Direwolves from The Game of Thrones. Wrap up your tour on a magical note with Ireland’s Leprechaun Whisperer in search of these folkloric creatures before kicking back with a pint of the ‘black stuff’ that may help the stories come to life.
Let us to tailor the perfect trip for you no matter your length of stay or time of year. For a truly immersive experience we would recommend allowing 18-21 days to slowly weave your way around the island.
At a glance
- A trip around Ireland’s coast is sure to appease the adventurous and child-like spirit in you.
- Create everlasting memories while you hug the boundary of where the vivid green countryside meets the spectacular, and sometimes wild, seascape.
- With an abundance of adventures to choose from you may find yourself hiking or kayaking, herding sheep or flying hawks, trying your hand at Gaelic football or foraging for your own food.
- Ireland’s warm hospitality and big smiles are legendary. Share stories, drink the black stuff and enjoy ‘the craic’ to toe tapping music in a cosy country inn.
- Stay in outstanding country house hotels set in the most scenic of countryside settings.
All of our itineraries are designed around you, so please remember that this is just a suggestion which can be tailored into something completely bespoke to you and your preferences.
Call us today on +44 (0)1646 405060 to start planning your holiday.