Scenic southern England brims with charming countryside, quaint villages, pretty seaside harbour towns and sandy smugglers coves. Its lands and soaring white cliffs are the place of remarkable history and cultural heritage. Take pleasure in the graceful Georgian spa town of Bath.
Charming and Historic
Southern England at a glance
- The region is simply draped in rich history that has helped define this country. From Roman Britannia to the medieval history of the most famous cathedrals and castles in the land.
- The scenic South of England claims to host some of Britain’s most iconic sights. From the spectacular white cliffs of Beachy Head, the Roman and Georgian Architecture of Bath to the wild and remote tranquility of Devon and Cornwall.
- London is one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities. This is a capital where the worlds culture’s mix in harmony with the cityscape steeped in incredible history and unique Royal heritage. Enjoy the splendour of its instantly recognisable iconic buildings and landmarks.
- The South of England is famed for its pretty rolling countryside and greenery all dotted with picturesque villages. It’s landscape is diverse with ancient woodlands, spectacular rocky coastlines and sandy beaches, to wild heather covered moors and heathland.
- It is credited with many Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and gorgeous National Parks including the South Downs, the New Forest and the high windswept moors of Devon.
- Must do’s include watching the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace, a nautical visit to the HMS Victory and Mary Rose in Portsmouth, discovering Canterbury Cathedral in Kent and walking the Cornish coastal path.
- Enjoy the extraordinary international food scene of London, fabulous seafood cooked by acclaimed chefs in the SW and the delights of a Devonshire cream tea. Discover the wonders of English sparkling wine, west country cider and English artisan cheese.
- London is one of the most accessible cities on the planet with 5 international airports close by. Excellent road links across the British Isles makes a driving tour an ideal option.